Saturday, August 29, 2015

Well, we had ‘moisture’ last night, just enough to say we had moisture – can’t think of anyone actually calling it rain.
Still struggling this morning, have a bit of a bit of some kind.  Need to get over it so I don’t have to postpone the operation next week.
John 6:28-33 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

“A friend said, ‘You were healed by faith.’  ‘Oh, no,’ I said, ‘I was healed by Christ.’
What is the difference?  There is a great difference.
There came a time when even faith seemed to come between me and Jesus.  I thought I should have to work up the faith, so I labored to get the faith.  At last I thought I had it; that if I put my whole weight up it, it would hold, I said, when I thought I had got the faith, ‘Heal me.’
I was trusting in myself, in my own heart, in my own faith.
I was asking the Lord to do something for me because of something in me, not because of something in Him.”  A.B. Simpson
I read this quote this morning and I realized that I was very much in the mind-set that Simpson had been.  We have to improve our faith in order for God to work within us.
The problem is, I was relying on the faith in my faith, and not faith in God.  It is not much difference than the person who says I can only be saved if I am good enough, and ignore that God does the saving, our activities for Him are the results of our love for Him and desire to serve – not to be saved.
There are people that are given the Gifts of healing by the Holy Spirit.  God has given them special dispensation when they pray for others to be healed.  However, all of us have the responsibility to pray for those that need healing.
What all too frequently happens is we have faith in the person who has the Gifts of Healing and not who is DOING the healing.
While it may not come to the point of worshipping the person who has these gifts, it can be dangerous to attribute those gifts to the person – not to God.
Jesus pointed out to the Jews that it wasn’t the ‘fathers’ that gave the gift of manna to them, it was God.
Sometimes, we so focus on the people that God uses, that we forget that it is God that does the miracles, the healing, the ministering through individuals.
We want to make sure that when we talk about faith that we realize it is not faith in our faith, but faith in the Living God Who can do all things.
Later, Art :-)
From the ColumbiaRiverGorgeous
May Our Good Lord Bless and Keep YOU....’til we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment