Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I received a call this morning from my surgeon’s office.  They want to move my ablation from the 18th to the 3rd.  I have a lot to do to make that happen.  Frankly, I would much rather go in earlier, I am going in and out of a-fib with the slightest bit of irritation or stress – even walking too fast, or even getting out of my chair too quickly might set it off.  Not a way to live, fruitfully.
Garden is suffering, both from the heat and from Carla trying to do it all herself.  Frustrating, hopefully the operation will take the first time – we have a lot of canning and other things to do before winter sets in.
Psalm 119:46-51  I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.
47 And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.
48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.
49 Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.
50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
51 The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law.

For the purpose of this discussion let us change the word law to His Word (Bible) and it will basically say I have not declined from the Words Jesus commanded of us in order to serve Him.
The Psalmist knew of the pain of being a member of God’s chosen people, yet continued to praise Him and desired to obey His Word.  God’s Word gave him peace and strength to carry on his obligations to God.
So it is with us.
Mathew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Jesus told us that we would have trials and tribulations as we live for Him.  As He suffered, He reminded us that we are not greater than Him.  We should not expect all roses and praise from the world as we serve Christ.  An unrepentant sinner doesn’t want to hear what we have to say. 
But He also told and showed us how to respond.
Lord, when I feel as if I am in the deepest of dungeons and there is no one who cares and there is no way out, may I remember you are with me always, even unto the ends of the world.
Lord, when I am discouraged because those in my community do not listen to my voice about you, may I remember your disappointment when you went to Nazareth and your prior friends and neighbors rejected you.
Lord, when I have told people of your love and salvation they either turn away after a short time, or forget their commitments to you, may I remember that after you had ministered to many, they still did not receive your Word and soon forgot who you were.
Lord, as I question my ability to serve you to the fullest, may I remember your plea to the Father that not your will but His be done.
Lord, when someone I am close to, someone who shares all my secrets turns on me, may I remember that a trusted friend betrayed you.
Lord, when I am brought before the authorities because I have preached your Gospel, may I remember that you were brought before the authorities and placed on trial for your teachings.
Lord, when my words are falsely interpreted or lies about me are made to undermine my relationship with God, may I remember they introduced false statements against you.
Lord, as I am being derided for my trust and faith in you, may I remember they taunted you.
Lord, as I am being humiliated and made to look the fool, may I remember they placed a crown of thorns upon your head and mocked you as ‘their king.’
Lord, as I go through pain and suffering from service to you, may I remember that you were beaten and scourged.
Lord, as I feel the burden of the cross I must bear and feel I can no longer go on, may I remember that you had to carry the cross that would lead to your agony and death.
Lord, as I struggle with forgiving others for the wrongs they have done to me, may I remember you forgave those that placed you on the cross in humiliation and mocked you as you died.
Lord, as I go through the threat of death because of my relationship with you, may I remember your death upon the cross.
Lord, when I breathe my last and am ready to leave this earthly body, may I remember that you have gone before me and made a place for me in your heavens.
Lord, Thank you.
Later, Art :-)
From the ColumbiaRiverGorgeous
May Our Good Lord Bless and Keep YOU....’til we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment