Monday, August 24, 2015

Sky continues to clear up a bit, wind is blowing in the high teens, not as high as could be, but sufficient to help.  Still, I feel the chest pains when I emerge into the open, so I am remaining hunkered down for another day.
In our household, Murphy’s law is a homesteader.  What should have take but a few minutes of Teresa’s time on a project ended up over an hour – not her fault, just had to get everything just so.  I always figure if something says a project will take an hour, it will take me ten.  Could be a self-fulfilling type process, but regardless I always have to allow much more time than most people.
Nothing else of significance is going on right now.
Psalm 116: 12-14  What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me?
13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord.
14 I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all his people.

One of my favorite comments is “freedom is not free.”  It is, of course, said to show that men and women died in defense of our freedom.
Salvation is free to us, but it is not free.  Christ died for our salvation.
We rightly give thanks and praise to those men and women who placed themselves in harm’s way in the defense of this nation.  We cannot pay them for their sacrifice; we can only thank them, praise them and honor them.  We do this publicly and with pride as we remember their payment for our freedom.
If we give that honor to them, how much more important is it to give honor, praise and thanksgiving, in public, to the Man who sacrificed His life that we might have eternal life with God?
We cannot repay Him; we can only proclaim His righteousness to others and tell them of the ransom He paid for us.
Luke 12:8-9 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

Christ made a point for all of us to follow.  If we do not declare Him, if we do not tell of His wondrous gift, then why should He stand before the Father and declare us His bride?
He won’t.
We cannot excuse ourselves from this mandate by saying it is too hard; if I confess I will be ostracized, persecuted, tortured, imprisoned or even killed – He suffered it all for our sakes.
We cannot say that if we professed Him it will cause division and dissension in our lives, it will destroy the harmony and peace we try to maintain – even saying we are doing it for His sake - after all we don’t want people to feel threatened. And, didn’t the Angels say, when they announced that Christ was born, Peace and Goodwill to man?
We want them to feel loved and safe – without the acknowledgement of sin in their lives.
Nope not good excuses.
Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
We can proclaim Christ in a manner that shows His love, we don’t necessarily have to get in people’s face to tell them that they are sinners and only by God’s grace through the death and resurrection on His Son, Jesus, will they be saved.
But still we are separate from them, and they have not true peace.
Since most of us are not ministers and don’t speak to a large group of individuals, we deal with people individually.  Most of those people are neighbors, friends, relatives or co-workers.  We have a relationship with these people and over time we can show Jesus’ love and provide a witness to them of His salvation.
The Holy Spirit will work within your heart to give you wisdom and within their heart to show them how to quench the pain of a sinful life.
But they must be told, that will not give them peace.
I well remember a man that I witnessed to for years.  We had a lot of conversations about the love of God and His Son.  I didn’t press him because I didn’t feel lead to try and force a decision from him.  I was transferred to another store, the next week his children were allowed to attend Sunday School, in the church that I had attended, when they were invited by a neighbor.
Both he and his wife (who didn’t “think much of (y)our organization”) came to the programs and activities involving their children.  I do not know if he made a decision for Christ or not, I do know that God had been working on his heart for years and, to me, the allowing of his children to attend our church was an indication he was, at least considering, what I had said.
I came to Christ because of a personal relationship with Carla and her friends.  They showed me love, but also weren’t afraid to let me know that I needed Christ in my life.  Most people come to Christ in a similar manner, they don’t have a great epiphany or an on the road to Damascus experience like Paul.  Most people learn of Christ and His salvation through other people who are willing to share their faith in Him with them.
It is important that we are unashamed of the Gospel of Christ and we tell others of His Love; but that Gospel also tells them that sinners are not going to be with Him in paradise.  To do the one, and completely neglect the other is a half measure and is not giving the full truth of God’s Grace.
It is not designed to give peace without Christ and until the realization comes to them that only Christ can give that peace, there is a divide between us.
It is a denial of who Christ is and what He expects from His people. 
Later, Art :-)
From the ColumbiaRiverGorgeous
May Our Good Lord Bless and Keep YOU....’til we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment