Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Quiet today.  At the moment I am writing and listening to AllClassical.
It is nice to have a station where you don’t have to hear negative comments from one side of the political spectrum to the other.
While we need to be aware of what is happening around the world and, in particular America, we are being so hammered by it that it can overwhelm us.
One of the ways that I get away from all that histrionics is to turn up the volume and listen to AllClassical while I go about my day.
IF you have never listened to them, I highly recommend you start.  The hosts are very good and the music is varied, with an occasional screeching high soprano singing opera (not one of my favorite genres) but the vast majority is instrumentals.
I feel like I am receiving a course on music appreciation 101 as the hosts talk about the music, the composer and often the relationship to our times.
I would encourage you to go to www.AllClassical.org.  If gives you that settings you can listen to if you are in Oregon – at least some of the places and if you can’t get them via radio you can listen to them via the internet.  All you need to is hit the listen button at the top of the page.
It is on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week without long commercials to interrupt the ‘mood.’
Just nice to have if you in anyway like classic music.  Much better that satellite or other internet spots I have listened to and a lot more variance than just listening to cd’s.
Revelations 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
We read this verse and many equate it with physical wealth.  Having money in the bank, nice home paid for, money to buy whatever we may need without wondering where the next dollar was coming from.
It isn’t much different from the rich man, who had an abundance of crops saying he was in need of nothing.
Luke 12:18-20 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

But it is more than just material things that God warns us about in these passages.  These men thought they had nothing to worry about that they would live in luxury.  Yet, they were not rich in God’s eyes, thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
He looks at our hearts, He wants to see purity and a desire to love and obey Him.  He wants us to strive for righteousness. 
More than once in my life I have listened to a sermon, read the Bible or was in a discussion with a fellow Christian and thought to myself, I have overcome what is being said, I don’t have to worry about that sin, anymore, I have conquered satan.
Then as I went about my daily business I was tempted to do the very sin I said I was above and didn’t need to concern myself with those temptations because I was too good to yield – I ended up doing exactly what I thought I was above doing anymore.
There is a big difference between confident in your salvation and faith – and being arrogant.
The Holy Spirit WILL guide us if we are willing, He warns us of being so sure of ourselves that we know longer have to be concerned about sin taking over our lives.
1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

But God doesn’t stop at warning us.  Whether or not we wish to acknowledge our vulnerability we are vulnerable to the wiles of satan. 
He knows our every weakness and will use whatever means possible to encourage our yielding to those weaknesses – anything to make our testimony to man appear hollow.  Anything to make ourselves feel we will never be able to serve God and give up trying.
But no matter what be falls us, no matter how hard satan works on us, if we listen to the Holy Spirit we will find the courage and ability to not yield to satan’s devices.
Verse 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
We need to always bear in mind that satan doesn’t like Christians; especially Christians that are standing up for God, His Son Jesus Christ and His precious Holy Spirit.
He isn’t as concerned with the Christian that sits in a pew and then leads his life that belies his need to serve God.
He isn’t as concerned about the Christian that tries to make God yield to the world’s opinion of what is right and wrong, good and evil. 
And why should he have much concern - these Christians are playing his tune in one way or another.
God on the other hand wants Christians to strive for righteousness always willing to follow where He leads us and no matter the consequences stand for Him.
Ephesians 6:12-14 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

He expects us to be ready to do battle for Him at all times and to stand by Him as the world attacks His Word and His right to have our allegiance.
He has given us the tools and weapons to fight satan’s minions who or whatever they may be subtle or bold.
I know I have God’s assurances, now I need to accept that truth and go forward for Him.
Later, Art :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment