Monday, July 25, 2016

It was 100 degrees at noon in the garden, but too warm in the sun and even the shade is too warm.  So, Carla came inside and started working on a quilt she started several years ago but put aside for other endeavors.  I think the work of her daughters as they make their quilts and show them to her is reviving her desire to finish it.
Psalm 40:1-3  I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

There are days that I feel like I can never get through them; I realize that my struggles are nothing compared to many, but even knowing that I find myself feeling like I am in a horrible pit and have no way out.
People stand on the edge with bow and arrows and take their shots at me; I have no defense.  I am frustrated and in despair I can’t see a way to overcome my problem – and often rather than turning to the Lord I just wallow in my self-pity.
I have heard many preachers state that as Christians we should never be in the pits because we have Christ and we can depend on Him to deliver us from all that we encounter.
I am very much aware of that Christ and His Holy Spirit is available to me at all times; still the burden feels so heavy.
One of the reasons I like the Psalms is that the writers had struggles; they were struggling and nothing seemed to work.  Their enemies were defeating them and they felt had no way out.
But, eventually they did turn to God, they laid their burdens on Him and trusted that He loves them and will care for them.
Vs 5 Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
They ponder and meditate on His Word and listen to the Holy Spirit as He reminds them of God’s great power and how He has taken care of them and millions of others.  They know that He does care and His history both written and through their own and other’s testimony He has proven it.
I read of the trials of Paul, of Job, of David and many other Spirit filled leaders and my concerns are minute compared to them – and God took care of them.
Our trials are relative to us.  What we go through may seem minor in comparison to others, but God knows our heart and what we need to better serve Him and release our doubts to Him.
If even the smallest thing stands between us and our Lord, He is there to help us defeat it, overcome it and move on with out faith in Him.
2 Timothy 1:12  For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Lord, help me believe, every day and every minute of it.
Later, Art :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment