Sunday, July 3, 2016

Another windy day up here.  I find it strange that even though our winds are in the 20’s and 30’s today, they are called ‘breezy’ by the weather service.  What is even stranger we sometimes are much windier than that with gusts in the 50’s and it is still labeled ‘breezy.’
Goes to show, I guess, that a lot of what we see in interpreted by the eye of the beholder AND some arbitrary number that delineates the differences in definitions.
To me it is WINDY!  Don’t really care what the weather bureau calls it.
Philippians 2:13-15  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

I often find myself failing in this lofty ideal set by Paul.
But that is what GOD wants of us.  I look at so many Christians I have known in the past that have not only taken these verses to heart, but live them.  Most are very humble and respected for their wisdom not only by me and other Christians, but by those that don’t know Jesus.
They can be trusted with secrets.  They can be trusted to obey God in even the most difficult of times.  They are calm and confident in their faith and the power of God just flows out of them.
When you are in their presence you know that you are in the presence of an angel.  You have some idea what drew the people to Christ, the love, the wisdom and the strength makes you feel like they can do anything – and we are better for them.
How can I be like them?  How can I so shine my light that others can see Christ in me and be drawn to Him?
I try to be patient, but it is one of many things that I struggle with and often fail.
I struggle to be non-judgmental, yet find myself making comments – mostly to myself – about others instead of seeing how I might be able to find positive aspects to praise.
The Lord and I talk, several times a day, as I go about my life, yet, I still find that if I don’t remind myself, or listen to the Holy Spirit I slip and my light grows dim.
I am so thankful that people are forgiving (most of the time) and so is God. 
We might think it is easy for some people to be like Christ, but every one of the people I can think of that I would like to emulate have gone through tragedies of some kind, or have had their own battles with whatever demons satan has thrown in their paths, and they have arrived at this point in their lives as triumphant followers of Him.
I want that same relationship with God.
Later, Art :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment