Monday, September 23, 2013

The Wedding Part 1


Let me see if I can do the wedding justice over the next few days.  This was a do it yourself wedding, My daughter could have afforded a big ‘fancy’ wedding with all the trimmings, but that is not her – she wanted hers to be especially her; besides she has better use for the thousands of dollars such a wedding would cost.  Her wedding was no less beautiful and a lot more meaningful to her and My son in-”love” to be.

My son in-”love” to be wanted it on the property and My daughter was thrilled with that idea.  She talked to family members to make sure the date would work for them and have it before the weather turned bad.

The wedding was on Saturday at 1130.  Thursday night, we had thunder and lightning AND lots of rain.  So much rain that the field was too wet on Friday to move things down onto it; there would have been deep ruts from the tires.  A lot of what would have been done on Friday had to be done on Saturday. 

Just to help keep things straight, there was a cast of characters involved, some of these are real characters AND LOTS of type A personalities among them, all helped to some degree and most to the highest degree: you know who you are.  I thank you all! 

My daughter’s colors were Navy Blue and silver.  Her theme was flying, her passion; duck hunting, my son in-”love” to be’s passion, and of course the farm.

Most people have no real idea what goes into a wedding.  My daughter has watched and helped my wife through the years and she has decorated for several.  There is much more to it than just the decorating, but it is a big part.  It is incredible how much work goes into a ceremony that only takes a few minutes.

One of the great things about doing this kind of a wedding is that everyone that works on it is invested.  NO ONE was hired; all the work was done by family and close friends that gave of their time, HOME, energy and love.  As much as possible fruits and vegetables were taken out of My daughter’s, My wife’s and other’s gardens.  Flowers and other vegetation were from My wife’s and other’s gardens.  My wife did purchase white carnations, baby’s breath and ferns for the bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages.

The challenge is you have to have lots of willing people who want to help and work to get the job done.  They have to be flexible and patient.  It really helps if they have some skills that can be used.  My daughter had those people in spades!

No comments:

Post a Comment