Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Romans 8:32


Romans 8:32
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

The very most difficult fatality I ever covered happened near Shaniko.  I was close so responded to the accident and arrived about the same time the ambulance did.  It was an automobile accident where the car had run off the road, if I recall correctly it was late at night and the driver probably fell asleep at the wheel, happens often in that neck of the woods.  It is about an hour from any community of any size and in wide open spaces so there is little (other than paying attention to the road and curves, etc.) to keep a driver occupied late at night, there isn’t all that much traffic either.
I looked down at the body of a 16 year old boy, Ken was 16.  They looked very much like each other and both played the bass.  Hair style similar, size similar and it really hit me, this could be Ken.  This could be my son.
I have never had to face it, and I hope I never do.  To lose a child is one of the most traumatic things that can happen to a parent.  It is difficult enough to have it happen because of an accident, illness or violent act.  I can not imagine saying this is my son, take him as payment for your sins.
God did not love His Son any less than I do my children.  Yet, He allowed Him to go through humiliation and let Him die on the cross that we, His wayward and very much not worthy children, could once again come to Him.  He wants the very best for us, He wants to see us grow and become strong children in service for Him, not because we have to, but because we want to please Him.  To accomplish what we need for that service He is waiting to give it to us, all we have to do is ask and trust Him.
~ From the Columbia River Gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment