Tuesday, December 27, 2016

We got a squirrel.  While that is nothing earth shaking, we have been squirrel free for several years, however, with the fence up to keep the dog in the yard, it limits the cats’ ability to stalk and keep them away.
I don’t have any strong feelings one way or another about them, however, as I was watching this character sitting on the fence, looking out at the garden and reaching over to the bird feeder to get his snack I was a bit ‘bugged.’  He reached over like a person watching a movie with his friend at his side holding the popcorn – and, not taking his eyes off the screen, dipping into the container and eating it.
There are plenty of acorns around and I know that it has been ‘squirreling’ away those for the past few weeks, it didn’t need to partake of the birds’ food.
Snow is trying to melt off, got up to 40 so far, but we will get into the 30’s the rest of the week.  Not doing much outside, but catching up on some of the movies I have been saving for a while.
--------
This morning, as I was sitting with God, watching the birds at their feeders and the sun shining down on the garden, I got to thinking, I know what I think of God, but what does God think of me?
Job 1:8  And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
Acts 13:22-23  And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:
Could I ever fulfill God’s faith in me to the extent that He would say something like this about Me?
Or is it something more like this?
Mark 8:32-33 And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him.
33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
Peter was a strong supporter of Jesus.  He had a forceful personality and was prone to say things before he had thought them through – and this was one of those times.
Obviously Jesus was not considering him a traitor, but someone who was far too focused on the here and now and not listening to Jesus as He told him what was soon to happen.
All those years and Peter still had to learn to listen to Jesus and not correct Him.  He did it out of love for Jesus, but it didn’t matter, he was wrong and Jesus corrected him.
I relate to Peter, in many ways we are alike.
for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
I need to look at my life and rededicate my thoughts and work to Him.
AND, fortunately, I don’t have to do that by myself.
Psalm 139:23-24  Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
So, at the end of my life I might hear:  Mathew 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
To be called a faithful servant, by God, and then being told to enter into the joy of the Lord is the greatest thing we will ever hear.
To be called faithful servant, I need to be that, now.
Later, Art (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment