Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Want some Christmas music that is more than just a few Jingle Bells?  Turn to AllClassical FM (88.1 and 96.3 – our preference - here in The Dalles area) or if out of our area, go to AllClassical.org and listen on-line – worldwide by the way - or find one of the other repeaters (there are several) in Northern Oregon.
I have written about them many times in the past.  While it is true there are other ways of getting classic music, I much prefer this station.  Their hosts are some of the finest I have heard on classic stations, the selection is done very well and in the end you could actually pass a test in music appreciation 101 (at least.)
Starting tomorrow and going, 24 hours a day, until Christmas night they will be playing their “Festival of Carols” and it will be just that, all Christmas oriented music. 
Good background music for your get togethers, and just nice to listen to, very relaxing.
AND for those of you that are participating in the ‘don’t listen to Little Drummer Boy challenge’ (whatever that is) they will tell you when they are about to play it – or at least Christa will.
-------------
Psalm 143:8 Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Anytime is a good time to sit down with God.  But if you really want to start your day right, make this prayer the first thing you recite in the morning (whatever morning means to you – for some of you that means sleeping all day and getting up in late afternoon for work.)
It puts us in a mindset that first recognizes the importance of God in our day, and second asks for His guidance throughout it.
God is a God of mystery only to those who do not know Him, for the Christian, He is our all in all, our heavenly father, our provider, our guide through life, and our assurance of eternity with Him.
As we spend time with Him He reveals more and more of Himself and how He will make a difference in our life.
This is not to be a casual prayer, it is a prayer of submission and must come from the heart.
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
THAT is my daily wish, Lord, thank you for your mercies.
Later, Art (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment