Monday, October 12, 2015

Looked out the window to see a beautiful halo type cloud over the top of Mt. Hood. 
Teresa will be bringing our share of the bacon we purchased from Zycon this afternoon.  Will have to get it into the freezer.  About out of all we had has been used in those bacon and tomato sandwiches we enjoy.
Another pretty fall day, one that I am enjoying.
Psalm 71:1-3  In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
2 Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
3 Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.  KJV copied and pasted from BibleGateway.com

“How puzzling all these changes are! I'm never sure what I'm going to be, from one minute to another.”
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
And that is where we are in America, today.  We don’t know who we are as a country as a nation.  We are a mast of confusion seemingly without a sail to guide us.
We are divided in so many ways, but most of that division is a direct result of trying to live by man’s wisdom and not God’s.
What am I today, am I a man, if so, what kind?
The politically correct have gone overboard with their desire to make everyone ‘feel’ better.  If you are male but think you are a female – then you are, notwithstanding your genes.
I don’t want to be called a man anymore – so call me a nam – you can use your own title, but I insist that from now on, that is MY title, a nam, is what I want my gender to be called.
Sounds silly, but colleges all around our country are doing just that, however you wish to identify yourself we will oblige and call you that.
If these things offend your sensibilities of what is God given, tough, we must be all inclusive, no one is to be excluded.  We must give everyone their space to decide what they are in this world as far as their gender is concerned.
Beyond that, if you choose to identify with a certain ethnic group and say you are a member of that group – not just supportive of them, but actually being one of them – that is okay to, after all these man made labels are just that and we can make them what we want.
So, today, I want to be called an Icelandic American.  I don’t care if the forms have to be changed to allow me to be what I want, that is what I want to be identified with and I will not accept any other designation.
Although, tomorrow, I may change my mind.
In our efforts to not offend anyone we offend people; it just depends on who is in power at the moment as to who they choose to offend.
We have those who go out of their way to plan attacks and offend and then accuse others of intolerance.
Satan must be rolling on the floor in laughter as he surveys all he has accomplished, knowing that it becomes more confusing every day.  So he encourages nam kind to continue to dwell on the physical desires and thus fall farther away from God.
God’s Word doesn’t change.  It isn’t to be modified to meet the current whims of society. 
It is a foundation for us in it we see who we are, what we are and what God expects of us. 
The Word of God is straight forward and when read as intended, instead of causing the mass confusion as we see today, it gives us a path of righteousness to follow.  We know that we can count on Him and His word because He doesn’t change, He remains steadfast where we can fix our compass on Him and find our way.
Jeremiah 7:18-19 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the Lord: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?

We cannot think, even for a minute, the challenges made by nam towards God are anything but attacks of satan working through others to bring down those that trust in God.
Society, the world’s values, change from one day to the next.  If we are to follow the latest trend we almost have to check daily to see what it is now, or be in danger of violating the latest politically correct term or method.
I am not advocating we not cast aside terms and names that belittle an ethnic group or people.  But the world has thrown out common sense and enmeshed us in confusion.
We need that solid rock of God; His foundation.  We need to know that in this messy world there is One we can turn to and believe and who has a way that we can follow and be successful servants.
Psalm 18:1-3 I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

This was written by the Psalmist millenniums ago, yet it holds true today, because God is God and He hasn’t changed.
Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not;
It is tragic that satan has garnered so much support in this world, he has established warriors on his behalf that will attack anyone with common sense – or who choose not to obey the politically correct herds.
He has control of the media, the schools and, far too often, many of the churches to promote his agenda.
In the end he will be completely defeat, until then many of God’s servants will fall.  We may become one of them, but so be it, God is not to be mocked, He is not to be shunted aside.
He has chosen us as His front line, we cannot fold now.  We do not want to be the generation others will point to and say, “They let us all down, all our work, sacrifice and the persecution even onto death where we stayed true to God; they failed Him.”
Later, Art :-)
From the ColumbiaRiverGorgeous
May Our Good Lord Bless and Keep YOU....’til we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment