Sunday, October 4, 2015

I had an interesting dream last night.  I was back working for the Police Department as a Sergeant.  We received a call of an injury accident on the west end of town.
I was on another call, so didn’t get there right away.  When finished I went to the scene. 
The driver had run into several parked cars – he was obviously intoxicated. 
He was ranting and raving that it wasn’t his fault.  It was the car’s fault.  It was the car that hit those cars, not him.
The investigating/arresting officer told him that he had been arrested for Driving under the influence and told him that the car is a machine; HE was the one driving and would be held responsible.
As he kept ranting and raving in the back seat of the patrol car, the officer, shaking his head, looked at me and said “First time I heard that excuse; it is the car’s fault, not his.  Drunks!”
Then I woke up to the tones of AllClassical.
As I lay there I was thinking, how can anyone blame a car for injury when it is obviously the driver’s fault?  “Drunks!”
Ephesians 6:18-20 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
Paul asks us to be in prayer for other Christians, to be diligent in helping them grow in Christ.  Helping them avoid temptations, and stand strong for Him.
Then he writes, And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
Paul, who never stopped preaching Christ even when he was beaten and left for dead, even when he was whipped and incarcerated, Paul was asking for prayers that he might speak boldly as he ought to speak. 
He didn’t relish the thoughts of once again going through those ordeals and in the flesh he knew he was vulnerable – even though his heart was fixed on God.
I am convinced that satan seeks us out with special demons.  They know what our thoughts and weaknesses are, they know how to attack us and when to do it.  We are all different, what works for one person doesn’t for another, satan knows that and acts accordingly.
Those demons have complete access to our minds, but when we accepted Christ they no longer had access to our hearts.  And it is the heart that drives a Christian.
Paul’s desire, his heartfelt desire, was to preach the Gospel of Christ to everyone.  To stand boldly and without fear as he told others of his faith and as he admonished those that strayed from it.
Satan couldn’t work on his heart, he couldn’t change his heart so he attacked him mind, trying to make him think that he should tone down his remarks, or perhaps striking fear that he would once again be tortured and abused.
But, Paul told his fellow Christians of his struggle and asked for their prayers.
We suffer the same kind of fears that Paul suffered, we are not good enough, we might be held in derision and contempt.  We will be made fun of or looked at as a religious nut. 
We will be cast aside by our employers; we will be given the worse jobs and past up for any promotions.  Our families will suffer because we speak out and they too will be ridiculed for our testimony.  If we proclaim Christ, all this will happen to us and our families and it will be our fault – we should have remained quiet and never professed our love of Christ.  Or at the very least toned it down, it is okay to be ‘religious’ at church but it shouldn’t affect our daily lives.
All lies of satan’s special demons assigned to discourage us; to make us think we cannot be effective witnesses for Christ.
Does the physical happen, yes, I have been through it and so has my family.  It sometimes wreaked havoc with me as I went through some of those situations, and yes, there were times I backed off for fear of ridicule.  
And I have asked and received forgiveness from God for my inactions.
Paul’s request for prayers is a good example for us.  It shows us that even the Great Apostle Paul was not perfect and he needed the prayers and support of others to continue his work.
If Paul needed those prayers, then so do we; if Paul asked for those prayers then so can we. 
While satan works on the minds he cannot work on our heart.  While he can try to trouble our souls, our hearts and faith in Christ will win out.
Proverbs 23:26  My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.
We have given God our hearts through the salvation of Jesus Christ.  We have a strength that satan cannot destroy.  It is our faith that knows that God is God and that His Word is true.
Mathew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Now let us do as Paul did, ask for prayers, and pray for others.
Later, Art :-)
From the ColumbiaRiverGorgeous
May Our Good Lord Bless and Keep YOU....’til we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment