Friday, November 25, 2016

Well yesterday was a fulfilling day, both with food and with fellowship with Teresa and Ian and phone calls to others.
Lots of leftovers for the next few days, I can handle that.
Carla is working another full day today; they are quite busy at the store.  She said they reached their daily goal, set by Corporate, early Wednesday, which helps take the pressure off the staff.
She enjoys working there, for the most part, and has her ‘regulars’ that like to see her, so it is fulfilling for her.
We were watching a program on RFD channel’s ‘Equestrian Nation,’ this morning.  Although I haven’t ridden for quite some time I enjoy watching that program and ‘Gentle Giants’ a program on the big draft horses, love the horses.
This morning (previously taped) on the Equestrian Nation the program was about a new contest for horse and rider called ‘Mountain Trail Challenge.’  It looks to be a challenge, indeed, and I know many of you ride, just wondered if you have heard or participated in the contest.
One of the persons responsible for the contest showed how the challenged worked as he went around the course demonstrating with his horse what was expected; naturally, he did it without a flaw.
As Carla and I watched (we were having breakfast during the program prior to her heading out) Carla pointed out that the rider was using ONLY a neck rein, no bit nor head stall.
I had never seen that before, let alone with the poise and natural fluidly of horse and rider on this course – and even though it was the ‘novice’ course it is still challenging, as was demonstrated by some of the participants later in the actual  contest, it was quite a demonstration.
Next week they will have the more advanced course, I am looking forward to it. 
I am always amazed when I see feats of skill with rider and horse as they ride through challenges – the good ones act as one and it is so hard to see how they are communicating.
Please, if you know about or have participated in the contest, let me know.  I would enjoy your thoughts.
Mathew 6:10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven  KJV
“It may surprise you that Aldous Huxley, often a critic of orthodox and evangelical Christianity, has been quoted as saying: "My kingdom go is the necessary correlary to Thy kingdom come."...
Certainly His kingdom can never be realized in my life until my own selfish kingdom is deposed. It is when I resign, when I am no longer king of my domain that Jesus Christ will become king of my life.”  AW Tozer
Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Philippians 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
While not in the same order, these verses and commentary were in my e-mail box this morning.
There are times that a theme seems to come to me, one that I know I must pay attention to – this morning is one of those times.
I had never really considered that MY life, my little interpretation of my little world and the way I react to it is my ‘kingdom.’  But, it makes sense; I do what I do, because of my values and what I desire.
I am ‘the King’ of MY domain.  – okay when Carla lets me...
Unfortunately, it often times conflicts with God’s Kingdom and what He has told me to do.
I have read that verse and thought ‘how can I possibly do what the angels in heaven do, obey so unfailingly and so quickly’ and then I go on – not really looking for an answer.
Yet, I know that God really can work within us and when we put our own self aside, we can better serve Him.
Part of that service, no matter what our activity, whether avocation, vocation, hobby, shopping, no matter what we are doing, if we do it with the idea that God is watching, that we can somehow make our activity a tribute to Him, others will see Christ in us.
Paul’s statement:  Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do “And seen in ME DO!” has always worried me. 
I KNOW people watch Christians to see how they will handle situations, how they will respond to others, how they live their life and see if it lines up with what they are saying.
I may be the only professing Christian someone knows, to that person I am the example of God’s child, and I so frequently fail in my duties to Him.
I know that I have cast a bad shadow of the character of Christians in my past.  I know that I have not lived up to everything that Christ wants me to be.
There are times that I can say, do what I do for Christ – but if I say that then I had better be prepared to ALWAYS do that, and it is terrifying to me.
I don’t want to be a stumbling block to others; I want them to see Christ’s work and want to receive that same blessing, forgiveness and salvation.
Today is a reminder of my responsibilities to God to live, always for Him, in all I do and with all I interact with.
Paul gave us the example we need to all other people to see Christ in us.
1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
Paul acknowledged his past sins, he told of them often, not to ‘brag’ but to show us that even when we have done things against God, we can come to Him and seek forgiveness.
We have the example of Paul, following Christ, who can be followed as we read His Word and listen to the Holy Spirit as He works within us.
I know I get frustrated with myself at times.  I know that I have failed Him, even recently, but I also know that He knows my heart and He will continually let me work with Him as long as I concede I have sinned and ask His forgiveness – sincerely, not figuratively – and strive to do better.
Later, Art (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment