Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Interesting day, Ian helped us take the Lincoln to the shop.  Came back home as it started raining – pouring as far as I was concerned – my granddaughter would just say it isn’t, of course she was raised in Coos Bay, slightly more rain then I see in a month she sees in a day.
Then blue skies and sunshine, nice quiet morning.
Then wind starts picking up, clouds hide the sun and the rest of the day is typically November. 
Psalm 27:5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
Psalm 61:2-3 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
Psalm 94:22 But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

We could list dozens more of these verses.  God is our ‘safe place.’
But, unfortunately, many of the people who are so over wrought with anger, fear, frustrations and hopeless have no idea this strength; this love is available to them.
This protection, this assurance has completely eluded them – the schools aren’t allowed to use them to comfort students and many of the adults are unaware of them because they have deliberately removed God from their lives.
It is so sad.
We do have that assurance though, now it is up to us to help others find it.
It is real, not just words written in a ‘book.’  The Holy Spirit comforts people for real, not for pretend, He can and will interact with them, all they have to do is ask.
But, how will they know to ask?.......
Romans 10:16-15 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

.......especially if they won’t listen to a preacher?
The command to preach the Gospel to all Creatures is not limited to preacher, it is each Christian’s responsibility to tell others of Him.
Just saying.
Later, Art (-:  

No comments:

Post a Comment