Saturday, November 12, 2016

Had a bit of sun shining through the clouds this morning, unfortunately it didn’t last, but not as foggy as yesterday AND it looks like the sun is trying to shine through.
I think Carla is learning from our children. 
Last night I had bbq’d steaks, cooked apples and an apple carrot celery salad, used cranberries because I didn’t have raisins.
Our packages from Rose’s beef come for two people.  There were two steaks in the package.  It used to be Carla and I would have one each, a salad, baked potatoes and whatever else we decided, however, now we just share a steak and set the other aside for another day. 
I told her she needed to do an applesauce cake from some of the leftover cooked apples.  She said, not YOU need to make a fresh apple cake.
I said, never made one before, do you have a recipe – first, yes you have, you made at least a half dozen cakes last year.  Now, either I did so and can’t remember or she is doing a number on me like I swear the kids do, they ‘remember’ things about me that I sure don’t, and since they can be ‘creative’ in their giving me a bad time, I don’t know if it happened or not......
The cake is out of the oven, cooling.  Ribs are in cooking and we will have more salad, some coleslaw, cooked apples AND fresh apple cake for dinner tonight.
I tried to explain that the recipe she has that probably came from her great great grandmother or beyond, was out dated.
In my canning classes I learned that the it was important to can according to the latest Ball Blue book and/or extension office recipes rather than using our mother’s recipes.  Reason being is that fruit and vegetables have changed through the years and the old methods may not be safe.
She didn’t buy it and gave me that old-time recipe, something about it not the same as canning, or some such nonsense.....
“At the base of all true Christian experience must lie a sound and sane morality. No joys are valid, no delights legitimate where sin is allowed to live in life or conduct. No transgression of pure righteousness dare excuse itself on the ground of superior religious experience. To seek high emotional states while living in sin is to throw our whole life open to self deception and the judgment of God. "Be ye holy" is not a mere motto to be framed and hung on the wall. It is a serious commandment from the Lord of the whole earth.” -  AW Tozer
Leviticus 19:1-2 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the Lord your God am holy.

As I look at Tozer’s quote this morning and these verses, I realize I have a long way to go to obey God’s command to be Holy. 
As a Christian, I falter and fail in so many areas, fortunately, I have the Holy Spirit to help and guide me.
AND God is forgiving.
Later, Art (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment