Sunday, May 7, 2017

Well, now then, in our neck of the woods on Thursday and Friday we were in the mid-90’s in the garden – cooled down yesterday, but this week, for the most part will be warm, not ‘officially’ that high, but warm none the less.  Summer is a coming.  We celebrated with time, first time this year, on the grill - grilled steak and baked potato.
Doing okay.  Had a partially blocked artery that had to have stint put in it – don’t know why, but it was taking a while before I could feel better.  Although, Carla said my color was much better the next morning.
While having to struggle with the A-fib conditions my heart and arteries have been doing okay.  I was surprised with the partial blockage, but appears to be only the one with serious blockage and only one nother which is much less, that of course is good news.
Until this time, I have had good care at both MCMC and OHSU – but it was strange this time. 
Won’t go into full detail, but when they prescribed new medications one of the things I asked was should I be careful about what I am taking with it.  Nope.
Got home and found out only was I not to take Ibuprofen, but they added Tylenol to the list – interesting since elsewhere it is listed as to take instead of the other products – doc says it didn’t mean it when I asked.
The other thing I found interesting was, even after asking that question, I came home and read the multi-paged report that they said they went over with me – and found out that I wasn’t supposed to drink caffeine products for a few days.
Interesting since the nurse had brought me the breakfast I had ordered, which included coffee; and, as some pompous ‘teaching supervisor’ (who was quickly deflated when I pointed out some of his information was wrong) went over the process as I was drinking my second cup.
That is just a taste of what was going on.  But at least I wasn’t asked, this time, what I was doing there!
For the next 12 weeks, or so, I will be going through Cardiac Rehab along with my shoulder/arm rehab.  Fortunately both are in the same building and I was told they WILL coordinate their efforts.  Even that wasn’t handled well.
The nurse asked me how far from the hospital we were, I said about 10 minutes, and then realized he was talking about OHSU.  I said no we are about 2 hours away from here – and of course my address was clearly not in Portland.
So instead of ordering the Cardiac rehab through MCMC, he had me going to OHSU – three plus days a week.  I waited for a call then finally called here and was told the order couldn’t be done here since they ordered if for OHSU. 
They had to contact the doctor to get it set up here – took a couple of days.  Almost two weeks wasted.....
I am thankful for the majority of OHSU staff; they really are caring and thoughtful.  The nurses are absolutely top of the line, great positive personalities and have a great since of humor, that part was ‘enjoyable.’  A couple of them we knew from previous visits.
What is fun, for me, is that while they aren’t supposed to discuss religion – “I” can still do so and was given a few opportunities to share my faith.  There are interesting reactions.
Deed brought Mom and I to the hospital, she took Mom home that afternoon and then brought her back up the next day to retrieve me.  We really did appreciate that!!
She had to go to work that second night, after a 3-4 hour 225 +/- mile drive, so crashed upstairs for a couple of hours before having to leave for work, a 40 +/- minute drive plus 12 hour shift and then another almost two hour drive home.
Both Deed and Teresa have been fantastic assistants to both of us – great ladies.
---------------------------------------
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.                    
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.  KJV
Now, I may be wrong, but I don’t think there are any exclamation points in the KJV version of the Bible and I realize that when the KJV Bible was put together they used punctuation the original authors did not.
They didn’t change the meanings, they strived to be accurate in their translations, but they did divide by chapter and verse.
I ‘think’ these verses illustrate the importance and emphatic message of command from God – stressing that each verse was important.  Where I would use exclamation points, they set it up in separate sentences and verses.
It is not always easy.  I greatly admire those that go through terrible trials and do so with a smile on their face and uplifting comments to all around them.  They have learned the value of these and other such verses.
Instead of focusing on themselves they have chosen to trust in the Lord and truly be an example to those He sends to them.
It is another one of those, so many, things I fall far short of instead I get negative with my thoughts and comments.
Lord, help me to remember that no matter what situation I find myself in, you are there and will make me stronger as a servant for you.
Rejoicing evermore!
Praying without ceasing!                 
In everything giving thanks!
For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning ME!. 
Later, Art (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment