Sunday, May 21, 2017

Another very warm day in our neck of the woods, however, according to the forecast we won’t be seeing 90+ degrees.  Unfortunately that is in the shade, the garden will be quite a bit higher.
Things are quiet right now, cats are taking advantage of the weather outside, Blaze is sleeping in the bedroom, Carla is at work and I am writing with AllClassical in the background.
Will be starting Cardiac Rehab this week, a long meeting and then setting up the rehab times three times a week.  They have me keeping a daily diary of everything that passes my lips, to be turned in Tuesday.  It won’t be accurate, however, I had a tooth pulled a week ago, so my partial is in the ‘shop’ getting reconfigured – living on soup and very soft foods – not the eating I normally do.
Oh, well my menu, usually, is predictable for the most part so if they need it I can give them an idea of what that is – kinda.
Shoulder is responding to physical therapy and the therapists from both programs will coordinate so I don’t have any avoidable complications.
Carla has a long ways to go in her transplanting of her tomatoes, but they are looking healthy and pretty – she will be giving most away in a week or so, it allows her to fully enjoy that part of gardening and gives her the satisfaction of repeat ‘customers’ who want them every year.
---------------------------------------------
“James, earn this.  Earn it.”  Capt. John Miller, “Saving Private Ryan” as he lay dying, reminding Ryan of the great sacrifice men that followed Miller trying to locate him to send him home, had made, many had been killed in action.
“Every day I think about what you said to me, that day on the bridge.  I have tried to live my life the best that I could, I hope that was enough.  I hope that in at least in your eyes, I earned what all of you have done for me.”  Older Private Ryan at the grave of Capt. Miller.
“Tell me I have led a good life.  Tell me I am a good man.” Private Ryan to his wife at the grave.
“You are.”  Her reply.
Luke 3:16  John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
I so often take for granted the sacrifice of Christ at the Cross. 
If John The Baptist was not worthy of letting loose the latchet on Jesus’ shoes, how much more unworthy am I?
Yet, while we cannot be worthy to receive Christ’s salvation by any actions on our part:
Ephesians 2:8-10  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
We, as Christians, CAN walk as if we are worthy of that great gift of salvation bestowed on us by God through the Sacrifice of His Son.
Colossians 1:9-11 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
We should be asking ourselves, every day, whether we are showing the obedience of a worthy servant to our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Lord, may I never forget the compassion, love and mercy you displayed for me by your sacrifice.  May I live each day striving to be worthy of that gift.
Later, Art (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment