Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The morning is clear with a blue sky tinged in pink as the sun rose this morning.  The air appears crisp and clean and it is cold, 18 degrees right now.  We are supposed to have a few days of this where the lows will be in the teens and the highs in the 20’s and low 30’s.  The sun is a welcome sight, though, as it baths the hills around us.  We, however, will be in the shade of the hill behind us until mid-day or so.
The mountains have snow, not as deep as needed, but snow.  The cold front we are facing is pretty much the length of the state – we need more moisture to help get the water table up for this summer, and that too is coming, hopefully enough.
I am far behind in a number of things I have to do but, I am doing better.  Might even be able to get the rest of 2014 Christmas cards out before 2015!  Still a bit fuzzy so I am not driving, yet, don’t want to create any problems on the road.  I do feel that it shouldn’t be much more than a day or two though – maybe even the first day of the year!  
Revelation 21:22-27 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

I had an interesting dream last night.  I was standing with thousands of others on a very narrow ledge.  Behind me was darkness, pushing like a dark unrelenting force.
Before me was a great chasm.  There were screams and cries of pain coming from deep within; great heat emanated from the depths of the ravine. 
The people around me were black with a sooty substance and they were crying in fear; their faces drawn tight in despair.
I looked at my own clothing and it was a stark white in comparison; literally glowing.  Rather than being afraid, I was calm and comforted; across the chasm was a very bright radiant light.  I could barely make out buildings and what appeared to be people moving about. 
It was so far, far away.  It was like standing miles away from a great city at night and seeing the sky glowing from the city lights.  You can see something, but you can’t make out the details.
The darkness behind was like a physical presence pushing us towards the abyss.  People were clinging to each other.  Others were pushing others forward trying to avoid the fate that awaited them, trying to fight their way to the back of the pack as they continued to be forced towards the lip of the chasm. 
Anger and fear were the primary emotions and they were the driving force with these people.  They fought each other, they pushed and climbed over each other to try and get away, but they eventually found themselves falling.  They begged to be allowed to live, not realizing they were already dead.  They had no hope of avoiding the heated hell that lay before them.
I was standing firm while these people were being moved by an unseen source towards the ravine that they feared so much.  I was not there very long.
Suddenly, I heard my name being called – “Arthur!”  I looked out and saw a pure white light beaming across the chasm towards me.  Everything around me disappeared, while there must still have been these masses of people, I could no longer hear or see them.
I could see a man with a large book in His hand and He once again called out “Arthur!”  This time He added, “come to me.”  I knew it was Jesus, though I had never heard His voice, I recognized it.  
John 10:15-17 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
I looked across the vast gorge; there was no physical way I could go over to the other side.  The void could not be breached; it was far too far to jump and there was no physical bridge to walk across.  I looked around but didn’t see anyone walking over to the other side.
I remembered how Peter, once He knew it was Christ, stepped out of the boat and walked on water towards Christ. 
Mathew 14:28-30   And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

I heard the call, once again, “Arthur, come to me!”
I walked to the edge of the precipice and stepped out into the void, my eyes on Jesus.  I was immediately whisked over to the other side and was welcomed with His opened arms as He gave me a great hug that seemed to last an eternity.
There will come a day when we, all of us, everyone, will face our God after our death.  I am not saying my dream foretells what we will see, but it reaffirmed to me that while my salvation is firm; many others are in grave danger and need to see Christ, need to see Him in me, so they can find Him as their Savior.
We who are saved by Christ have an obligation to let others know of His great Gift of eternal life.  God leaves us here on earth that others can be saved.  If we plant ourselves firmly in His Will and allow the Holy Spirit to work within us, He will bring others to Him.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Later, Art :-)
From the ColumbiaRiverGorgeous
May Our Good Lord Bless and Keep YOU....’til we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment